About my CDs
Gail Selkirk has been designated by jazz drummer, Bert
Hamer, as the Songbird of Swing. She is an exceptionally
talented singer, pianist, composer and arranger. Gail's voice
is lyrical, powerful and sensitive. Her original arrangements
and intuitive sense of jazz harmony combine to produce a
veritable feast for the ears and the mind.
Concert Notes, StringTech Concert Series No. 4
Thanks, Mike and Celia of StringTech!
Many musical hats...
Over the course of her career, Gail has taken on many diverse
musical roles as a:
- singer, pianist, arranger, composer, entertainer, piano teacher, musical director,
choir director and church organist.
Right now, she is recording and producing a Jazz CD which is a huge
and exciting project, as well as singing and playing the piano in jazz and
classical concert venues.
As an artist, Gail has made it her life's work to continually
strive for higher levels of artistic achievement. One of the
ways she has pursued this is through an ever expanding musical
education which helps to transform her musical ideas into a
- Gail started her musical career as a vocalist and
keyboardist for the rock group Major Hoople's Boarding
House, touring throughout Canada and the United States.
- Other venues included engagements with show bands, piano
bars and studio session work as an arranger, keyboardist and
- Some of the studio work she has had the privilege of participating in...
Ashby-Craft's The Heart and the Mind
(arranging, playing keyboard and some vocals)
- Sara Jordan's Educational Tapes and CDs (rapping and
singing on the
Math 3R Rap ) as well a few other educational products
- Ragtop Production documentary Swans
On the Avon - composed and performed two musical
tracks for this film
- She has worked as the musical director for community
theater productions including Jesus Christ
- She is the founder, director and
arranger of the Amazing Grace Jazz Choir, an
8-voice ensemble performing gospel jazz.
- A piano teacher for 25 years, she co-authored and
co-published, along with Janice Clark, a keyboard method for
- Gail has worked as a church musician since 1978 (organist, pianist,